Saturday, March 5, 2016

Dropfleet Commander News Part 3: That sweetness known as the modular station and the extra bits

Let's get down to one of the most amazing things to come from this review. . .  The modular station.
Now when I saw the station during the kickstarter I knew I wanted it but I did not understand the scale that the station would provide.


This thing is simply amazing. I know I use the word a lot but this is deserving of the word. HawkDave has outdone himself several times over with this station.

The fact that you can make a single pack into a GIANT station (can we have multiple peg bases Hawk?) that you can dock Frigates, Cruisers, even Battleships on is spectacular. This brings back to mind of Forge World's Battle Fleet Gothic (my first space based wargame) station and captures the images of HawkDave's vision of the UCM world's.



I personally think that when this game expands that we will see Shaltari stations, PHR stations (could their Home World be a station? Hmmmm) and maybe even a future race after the Reconquest books are done. I am still flabbergasted by this station. I want to order 5 more packs and play with it all. As they said in the video, this station pack will be just like adult Legos.
What are your thoughts on the modular station pack?
The Scourge addon for the station is going to be in resin and will have Scourgified bits.


The bits that come in the station pack

From the UK Admiral day. More options for the station pack
Even more options!


These are 3D printed bits of the station pack




On to the Launch Assets and Ground Sector:

HawkDave stated in the interview that a single pack of Launch Assets will be enough for a tournament level game.


We don't have much in the way of information on how effective the squadrons are but knowing Hawk they will work great

The squadron packs have different level pegs so though they are at the same height in the video they actual release models will have different levels to choose from. 

The squadrons are on a near 2:1 scale so sadly they are the only thing currently out of scale.
The Ground Sector assets look great. They are to scale with the ships so that is simply stunning to begin with.

What do you think of these assets?















We finally got pictures of a painted up Princess Cruise Liner!!!
I can honestly say I am happy I ordered 2.


Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment